A Self-care Kit with a journal, bubbles, tea, hand sanitizing wipes and motivational message cards will be available for every student that stops by the C&A booth on campus. The kits remind students of small, tangible things they can do everyday to help reduce their stress and anxiety while also practicing today’s new safety protocols.
Positive Impact Journals – Not your Mom’s journal! There are several reasons why journaling is food for your health.
- Boosts your mood
- Enhances you sense of well being
- Reduces symptoms of depression/anxiety before an important event (i.e. exam)
- Improves working memory
- Calms and clears your mind
- Just start by opening your journal or blank piece of paper and write something positive that happened today.
Bubbles are fun for big kids too! – The deep breathing required to blow bubbles relaxes you and is great for stress relief.
Tea – Research has found that drinking tea lowers levels of the stress hormone cortisol and great for relaxing.
Hand Sanitizing Wipes - When you don’t have access to soap and water, the use of a hand sanitizing wipes help to further prevent the spread of germs.
– Franciscan Health
Motivational Cards – Good Quotes make you feel positive, optimistic and energetic, ready to set goals and take action.
- When the subconscious is constantly filled with positive it is an instant uplift to our general outlook and personality.
- Great when your motivational levels are low to give you a lift.
- Reading many positive quotes on a daily basis can definitely lift your spirit.
– Inspired by Elle