TRAUMA INFORMED DAY TREATMENT
Now more than ever, mental and behavioral health care for kids is needed in our community. Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health is looking to meet the growing demands by hiring a part time or full time Trauma Informed Day Treatment Behavior Interventionist.
As a member of our team, you will help children, youth and families successfully meet life's challenges by offering the emotional and behavioral health support they need. We are a collaborative network of child therapists, psychiatrists, PMHNPs, case managers, school staff, community partners and other mental health professionals working toward a common goal. Together, we provide a positive environment for kids and their families to find health, hope and happiness.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join one of the most innovative therapeutic mental health programs in Stark County. We offer a compassionate, supportive and accountable work environment to help you grow your career, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous and affordable medical, dental, life insurance, retirement and paid time off.
The Trauma-Informed Day Treatment Behavior Interventionist will partner with TIDTx teachers and therapists to create and implement an academic/behavioral program of study that meets individual learner needs, interests and abilities. This paraprofessional will be a member of a psycho-educational, multi-disciplinary team which serves to lead severely emotionally and behaviorally disturbed youth to maximize their intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and development. We need classroom and floater staff. Additional job responsibilities include:
· Provides individual and small group practice of academic skills introduced by the teacher
· Provides behavior management assistance, support and intervention to TIDTx youth and staff: monitoring youth in comfort room, verbal de-escalation, behavioral coaching and rehearsal, problem-solving and self-regulation skill development
· Establishing, modeling and reinforcing appropriate positive relationship building skills with youth
· Crisis intervention, de-escalation and physical holding
· Assists in the development and implementation of individual behavior therapy plans, especially of the youth being tagged
· Provides effective direct and indirect supervision of clients at all times
· Contributes to the multi-disciplinary team by actively participating in treatment planning and coordination of meetings as appropriate
· Assists with maintaining classroom and programmatic records and data including but not limited to the following: info for report cards and IEP tracking, attendance, youth achievement records, daily passport, youth behavior rating sheet and critical incident reports as needed using computer and internet resources
· Assisting with summer programming
· Other job duties as assigned
· Individual characteristics desired include well developed verbal and written communication skills, highly organized, energetic, comfortable with culturally diverse populations, able to form therapeutic alliances with youth, strong teamwork and computer skills
· Additional job demands include being physically able to lift, push, pull, carry, squat, crouch, kneel, sit on the floor and get back up again, walking, jumping, running, playing, standing, some climbing and balancing. This job is approximately 35% sitting, 25-35% standing and 25-35% being active
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma- college preferred
- Experience working with children
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance
Why Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health
At Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health, we are here for you, so you can be there for them. We provide a supportive environment for our clinical therapists to grow and lead in their careers, and in turn, you bring unmatched compassionate care and expertise.
We have been recognized as one of the top 10 best companies to work for in Stark County, because we strive to take care of our team at work and at home.
Recognition and Awards
Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health has been recognized and ranked on three Zippia lists:
- Best Non-Profit Companies to Work for in Ohio
- Best Companies to Work for in Canton, Ohio
- 2022 and 2023 Top Workplace for Non-Profits in Northeastern Ohio by Cleveland Plain Dealer/cleveland.com
- Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce Community Salute Award - 2018 Award of Appreciation
We have four locations in Stark County including downtown Canton, Belden Village, Alliance and Plain Township.
Location: This position is at the Canton/Shipley office.
Hours: During the school year hours are typically Monday- Friday, 7:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Meeting days can last until 4 p.m. Summer hours may vary. Part-time or full-time positions available.
Salary Range/Compensation: Agency standards.
Send resume/apply to: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer Stark Co. – EEO-6