PSYCHOLOGY POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
Now more than ever, mental and behavioral health care for kids is needed in our community. Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health is looking to meet the growing demands by hiring a Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship.
As a member of our team, you will help children, youth and families successfully meet life's challenges by offering the support they need. We are a collaborative network of child therapists, psychiatrists, PMHNPs, case managers, school staff, community partners and other mental health professionals working toward a common goal. Together, we provide a positive environment for kids and their families to find health, hope and happiness.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join one of the most innovative therapeutic mental health programs in Stark County. C&A is recognized by Zippia and The Cleveland Plain Dealer/cleveland.com as a Top Workplace in Stark County. We offer a compassionate, supportive, accountable work environment to help you grow your career, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous and affordable medical, dental, life insurance, retirement and paid time off.
The purpose of the Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is to provide the postdoc with specialized training in the provision of services to children, adolescents, and families in an applied setting. We currently offer two tracks with our postdoctoral program.
- Our generalist postdoc track is designed to prepare you to become an independently functioning child We will work to ensure that you are able to work with a broad spectrum of children and adolescents with a wide array of presenting concerns including anxiety, mood disorders, behavioral disorders, substance use disorders, and trauma- related disorders. In particular, we focus on ensuring that you are fully trained to work with clients negatively impacted by trauma concerns and are well-versed in addressing suicidality in clients.
- Our Sexually Inappropriate Behavior Remediation (SIBR) Program specializes in the assessment and treatment of adolescents who have sexually offended others. Assessment services are provided as an aid to various family courts and human
services agencies in three surrounding counties (Stark, Summit, and Tuscarawas). Postdocs will gain expertise providing individual and group therapy and conducting comprehensive risk assessments for court-referred youth during fellowship.
Both tracks will provide you with the opportunity to take a leadership role in helping to train our interns, in part by cofacilitating group supervision sessions with interns and your supervisor.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology with graduation from an APA-accredited internship site
Why Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health
At Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health, we are here for you, so you can be there for them. We provide a supportive environment for our clinical therapists to grow and lead in their careers, and in turn, you bring unmatched compassionate care and expertise.
We have been recognized as one of the Top 10 Best Companies to work for in Stark County, because we strive to take care of our team at work and at home.
Recognition and Awards
Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health has been recognized and ranked on three Zippia lists:
- Best Non-Profit Companies to Work for in Ohio
- Best Companies to Work for in Canton, Ohio
- 2022 Top Workplace for Non-Profits in Northeastern Ohio by Cleveland Plain Dealer/cleveland.com
- Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce Community Salute Award - 2018 Award of Appreciation
We have four locations in Stark County including downtown Canton, Belden Village, Alliance and Plain Township.
Salary Range/Compensation: Annual Salary of $50,000
Hours: Full-time. Some evening hours and on-call required.
Send resume/apply to: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer Stark Co. – EEO-6