College Students Self-care kits
Information on Suicide Prevention
A self-care kit with a sticker, motivational chip, fidget toy, Gatorade powder, pen, suicide awareness pocket brochures, a lanyard and a stress ball will be available for every student that stops by the C&A booth on campus. The kits remind students of small, tangible activities they can do everyday to help reduce their stress and anxiety.
- Stress ball – studies indicate that when you squeeze a stress ball, your nerves and muscles stimulate and contract which makes them smaller
- Gatorade sticks - students will receive a Gatorade powder stick to mix with water. Following an exercise routine, Gatorade helps restore the lost electrolytes and keeps a person hydrated during intense activity
- Fidget toy – individuals who are experiencing anxiety may fidget or make small movements when they are feeling anxious, restless, impatient or nervous. Fidget toys give these movements an outlet and can help calm a person’s nerves, relieve stress and serve as a distraction in an overstimulating environment
- Motivation chips/positive-affirmation stickers – these messages provide encouragement for students and reminders for positive self-care
- Suicide awareness brochures – provide tips and warning signs for students if they are considering self-harm and where to reach out for help in a time of a crisis.
Suicide Awareness campus signage
Each collegiate partner is receiving a packet of yard signs to display on campus at various times throughout the year. The yard signs provide important tips and phone numbers if a student is struggling with self-harm.